COALITION OF PRO-DEMOCRACY RUSSIANS
Activatica * Free Russia Foundation * Free Russia House Kyiv * Forum Russischsprachiger Europäer e.V. * Solidarus * Stowarzyszenie “Za Wolną Rosję”* Russie-Libertes * Herzen Foundation
invite you to a conference
PUTIN’S NORD STREAM 2 PIPELINE AND ITS REAL COSTS TO EUROPE
learn more at RethinkTheDeal.eu
OCTOBER 10, 2019
9:00 AM to 15:30 PM
THE WESTIN GRAND BERLIN
The Nord Stream 2 project – that delivers no new gas to Europe, exploits political and strategic vulnerabilities, increases supply risks, destroys nature and drives members of the EU apart – is quickly advancing toward its completion.
Yet no public discussion of this important decision has been held where the German people can evaluate the basics of the Nord Stream 2 on its merits.
You’ve heard from the gas lobbyists, the gas companies and the Kremlin (the same Kremlin that has carried out yet another assassination on the EU soil). What you won’t hear from them are the environmental, security and financial risks of completing the pipeline. There is another side.
Please join us for this open forum where prominent European energy experts, environmental scientists, strategists and human rights defenders examine the true objectives and costs of the Nord Stream 2.
Free Admission. Registration is required.
With questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
08:30 – 09:00 Registration and Breakfast
09:00 – 09:15 Opening Remarks
09:15 – 10:30 Panel I: Examining the Nord Stream 2 Deal on Its Merits
10:30 – 10:45 Coffee Break
10:45 – 12:00 Panel II: Environmental Impact of NS2
12:00 – 12:30 Buffet Lunch
12:30 – 13:45 Panel III: Economic Implications of NS2 for Germany and the EU
13:45 – 14:00 Coffee Break
14:00 – 15:15 Panel IV: NS2 as Politics by Other Means
15:15 – 15:30 Closing Remarks
- Natalia Arno, President, Free Russia Foundation
- Ralf Fuecks, Managing Director, Zentrum Liberale Moderne
- Rebecca Harms, former Member of the European Parliament
- Gustav Gressel, Senior Policy Fellow, ECFR
- Ilya Zaslavskiy, Head of Research, Free Russia Foundation
- Evgeniya Chirikova, Environmental activist, Activatica
- Mikhail Korchemkin, East European Gas Analysis
- Margarita Assenova, Associate Scholar, Center for European Policy Analysis; Director of Programs for the Balkans, the Caucasus and Central Asia, the Jamestown Foundation
- Alan Riley, Senior Fellow, the Institute for Statecraft in London
- Julian Röpcke, BILD
- Marko Mihkelson, Deputy Chairman of Foreign Affairs Committee of Estonian Parliament
- Svitlana Zalishchuk, former MP of Ukrainian Parliament
- Olena Pavlenko, President of DiXi Group
- Sijbren de Jong, SHAPE NATO
- Boris Reitschuster, Journalist
- Jens Høvsgaard, Danish author